Student Support Manager
VIVA Financial Tuition is an online tuition business that makes accounting courses for working professionals. This is a dual role. Firstly, you will support our users (students) by dealing with their doubts and providing information to prospective users. This support will be offered via email, social media messaging (Facebook, Twitter), and website chat. Secondly, there is an administrative part of this role. Finally, you will support VIVA’s content work by reviewing and suggesting improvements.
Student support (50%)
1. Dealing with incoming student email, chat and social enquiries:
- resolving and responding directly to a variety of the most common student requests e.g. account access, course and webinar dates, course payment options etc.
- assigning student enquiries that you cannot resolve yourself to the right VIVA team member e.g. Course A technical content emails to team member 1 etc
2. Course management:
- onboarding of students to new courses.
- ongoing management of communications with students during course e.g. weekly emails regarding upcoming classes and activities.
- post-course payment tracking to ensure all installments have been paid by students.
- Exam marking service: maintenance of marking status files and correctly assigning student exams for marking to VIVA’s team of markers.
- Setting up of webinars & meetings: creating and editing Zoom webinar and meeting events.
- Video production (Camtasia): production and editing of video lessons & uploading of videos to services like YouTube and Vimeo.
- Tracking file updates & maintenance: updating and maintaining financial data and website analytics, mostly via Spreadsheets.
- Website (Webflow marketing site + custom app): content management: uploading of course content e.g. PDFs, videos, short questions, mock exams etc.
- Process improvement/automation:
- documentation of recurring tasks and workflows (SOPs).
- suggestions for process improvement: elimination of unnecessary tasks and reduction of steps involved in tasks.
- use of tools like Zapier to automate workflows.
Content Support (20%)
- Marking of CIMA case study scripts.
- Review ongoing work by content writers & tutors and suggest improvements.
- Audit existing library of content & suggest improvements.
The candidate VIVA is looking for should demonstrate the below characteristics:
- Conscientious i.e. very detail oriented and takes pride in the quality and accuracy of his/her work.
- Proactive: willing to take his/her own initiative and suggest improvements to the VIVA team.
- Autonomous: this is a fully remote role and often requires the candidate to figure things out on his/her own.
- Positive attitude.
- A desire to adapt and learn.
In terms of technical skills, the following are valued:
- Excellent written English.
- Ideally, CIMA or ACCA qualified.
- Very comfortable working with spreadsheets (Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel). The ability to work with large data sets and manipulate data via pivot tables, vLookups and advanced formulas (conditional formulas etc) is greatly valued.
- Microsoft Powerpoint: the candidate should be well able to put together and edit slide decks that conform to VIVA’s standard templates.
- Familiarity with Camtasia (video production & editing software) is valued, but not required.
- A bonus: familiarity with automation services such as Zapier, Airtable etc.